Deadline: June 1, 2014 (postmarked)
5 categories for the writing contest, $250 prize in each:
- Interview with a warrior
Theme: Created by the Missouri Humanities Council, the Warrior Arts Alliance, and Southeast Missouri
State University Press, this series of anthologies preserves and shares the military service perspectives of our soldiers and veterans of all conflicts and of their families. It is not only an outlet for artistic expression but also a document of the unique aspects of wartime in our nation’s history.
Twotypesofentries: 1) antholog y only; 2) contest and anthology
1. Anthology-only entry: mail your previously unpublished work with self-addressed, stamped envelope for notification to:
Warriors Anthology, Southeast Missouri State University Press, MS
2650, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
2. Contest and Anthology entry: email previously unpublished work to firstname.lastname@example.org
- $250 first prize and publication in each category; all entries also considered for anthology
- Entries must be sent electronically as Microsoft Word docs (or docx).
- Keep poems in one document (with 1st poem as title).
- Put your name and contact info on 1st page and nowhere else on the manuscript.
- Writers may win in any category no more than twice, but may always submit their work for consideration in the anthology.
For both mailed and electronic submissions:
- Limit one submission in each category per person.
- Poetry: up to 3 poems (5 pages maximum).
- Fiction, essay, interview: 5,000-word limit. Interviews are with military or veterans.
- Photography: up to 3 good-quality photos (will be printed in the book as b&w).
- Submissions exceeding the limits will be disqualified.
- Include a bio of 75 words or less with your submission.
- Winners & contributors will be notified by Nov. 1, 2014
- Questions: contact the University Press at email@example.com