Walrus Publishing is open to general submissions of original, unpublished work. Our goal is to bring talented Saint Louis writers to the Saint Louis reading audience. We ask that submissions be from authors in the St. Louis City or the greater St. Louis metro area. Submissions set in St. Louis or about St. Louis are greatly appreciated.
What to Submit
There are several items to provide to be considered for publication. Only complete submissions will be considered. Submissions consist of:
- Query Letter – Ensure your letter includes:
- Real Name and Pen Name
- Phone Number
- Email address
- Biographical Sketch (200 words or less)
- Working title of manuscript and anticipated word count
- Synopsis which provides full detail of the work
- Manuscript excerpt of 10,000 15,000 words or 50 pages of text with cover letter that provides your contact information and synopsis. If you are providing poetry samples, please include at least five poems which best represent your work. The excerpt and synopsis should be provided as one file in MS Word (.doc, .docx) or Adobe Acrobat© (.pdf) format attached to your email.
Subject matter of any genre is acceptable.
Please email your submission to email@example.com. An auto responder will confirm we have received your email. Manuscripts are reviewed in January and July. You will receive a response within three months of the review.
Thank you for considering Walrus Publishing! We strongly encourage you to trust in your inspiration and put your ideas into words! We at Walrus look forward to considering your work and hope that it provides an opportunity for us to work together.
Walrus Publishing, Inc.