For all military personnel, Veterans, and their families:
Call for Submissions for Proud to Be: Writing by American Warriors volume 4
Deadline: June 1, 2015
Categories: Short fiction, Poetry, Interview with a Warrior, Essay, Photography
Writing must be by veterans, military-service personnel or their families. Include the connection in your short bio.
Theme: Created by the Missouri Humanities Council, the Warrior Arts Alliance, and Southeast Missouri State University Press, this series of anthologies preserves and shares the military service perspectives of our soldiers and veterans of all conflicts and of their families. It is not only an outlet for artistic expression but also a document of the unique aspects of wartime in our nation’s history.
Two types of entries: 1) anthology only; 2) contest and anthology
Anthology-only entry: mail your previously unpublished work with self-addressed, stamped envelope for notification to Warriors Anthology, Southeast Missouri State University Press, MS 2650, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
Contest and Anthology entry: email previously unpublished work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $250 first prize and publication in each category; all entries also considered for anthology
- Entries must be sent electronically as Microsoft Word docs (or docx).
- Keep poems in one document (with 1st poem as title).
- Put your name, short bio, and contact info on 1st page and nowhere else on the manuscript.
- Writers may win in any category no more than twice, but may always submit their work for consideration in the anthology.