2011 Newport Review Flash Fiction Contest
Now Accepting Entries!
$500 in Prizes
All Stories Considered for Publication
Guest Judge: Meg Pokrass, author of Damn Sure Right (Press 53, 2011)
Format: Original, unpublished flash fiction stories, including prose poetry and experimental forms.
Deadline: Opens June 1, 2011, at midnight; Closes October 1, 2011, at 11:59 p.m.
Word Count: Stories up to 1,000 words maximum; no minimum
Entry fee: $8 for one story; 3 for $21
How to Submit: Please submit online using our automated submission manager. Choose “Flash Fiction Contest” as the genre of your entry. You will be prompted to pay before submitting stories.
- Writers may submit a total of six entries.
- The contest is open to all writers ages 13 and above, except writers who have close personal affiliations with Newport Review, its editorial staff, contest judges or advisory board. Past contest winners and those who have been published in past issues of Newport Review are eligible to enter.
- Winners will be notified and posted on our blog and web site.
- Submit online through Submishmash, our online submission system. Make sure you choose “Contest Entry” as your category.
- Questions about contest rules (NOT entries) may be addressed to edit (at) newportreview.org.
$500 in prizes, along with publication, will be awarded.
First Prize: $250 and publication in Newport Review
Second Prize: $150 and publication in Newport Review
Third Prize: $100 and publication in Newport Review
Honorable Mention: Publication in Newport Review
Prize-winning stories will be published in the Winter 2012 issue of Newport Review. Other stories may also be considered for publication.